Subject: [Leica] Save up your pennies... Quickly
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:59:41 -0400

A Barnack digital. Meaning a digital IIIF. Meaning a compact lightweight
full frame interchangeable lensed Leica. Because until they have that
they're not the Leica company any more but  a "high tech rich consumerism R
Us!" incorporated poseur.
 ?Das Wesentliche?  means bare essensials. I hope it also means getting back
to the nitty gritty I think it does.
Getting back to ones core concept. Keeping ones integrity. Not going over
the metal munching high tech deep end.

On 9/23/15 1:20 PM, "Frank Filippone" <red735i at verizon.net> wrote:

Leica ?Das Wesentliche? event on October 20th
By LR ADMIN | Published:
> SEPTEMBER 23, 2015

leica-camera-ag-logo
A new Leica "Das Wesentliche" event
> will take place on October 20th, 2015 in Leitz Park (Wetzlar). Here is the
> text of the invitation (this event is not opened to the public):

For more
> than 100 years, our thoughts and actions, and our passion, have been
> dedicated
> to only one thing - creating the perfect picture. With products that are
> always focused on "Das Wesentliche", the essentials, we provide
> photographers
> around the world with the ideal tools for capturing the decisive moment and
> for bringing their own vision to life. This tradition is what drives us to
> achieve and gives us the power to reinvent ourselves time and again. The
> outcome is a portfolio of cameras and lenses that redefine the status quo
> as
> we know it and have one thing in common, despite a century of progress: a
> focus on ?Das Wesentliche? - in other words, the picture.

We cordially invite
> you to a celebration of photography in the the spirit of "Das Wesentliche".
> From October 20, 6:30 p.m. on until October 21, approximately 1:00 p.m,
> everything in the Leitz Park in Wetzlar will revolve around the fascinating
> nature of pictures and the exclusive presentation of a new milestone in the
> Leica Camera product range. Be one of the first to experience the next
> chapter
> in the history of professional photography, a historic moment that begins
> right here and now and will shape the future. Enjoy a delightful atmosphere
> and a special photographic program with friends of Leica, photographers,
> artists, media, and prominent and international guests - in other words,
> with
> all those who, just like you, breathe life into the fascination that is
> Leica.

Read more on LeicaRumors.com: