Subject: [Leica] Interview with Max Berek
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 00:53:50 -0400

A main idea Berek in this interview had me made good on was this old Leica
adage about old glass being good for black and white newer Leica glass being
ok for color idea that had been put out by any experienced Leica person that
I'd meet in my early days of leicaness.  And it was the first thing they'd
tell me. Which was the very early 90's.

I was adamant in my own mind that this just didn't ad up. I stopped arguing
the point early on it was like telling someone it was really the sky that
was green and the grass was blue.
If this old hardly coated if at all glass can shoot panchromatic film and
make that look ok why cant it shoot color film?
I had my chance way later to actually shoot my 3.5 Elmar made in 1951 the
year I was born and other such oldies and the color came out at least as
good as the black and white if not better.
Now people are putting all that old glass on Digital Ms and having having
nothing but fond things to say about it. And showing the results on the
world wide web.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer