Subject: [Leica] From the Oregon Coast
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 13:53:23 -0700

On our trip down a few weeks ago, we visited a few places along the Oregon
coast.

The Umpqua River Lighthouse has an unusual, for the west coast, signature of
two white and one red beam.  There are 24 prisms/lenses in total, so if the
conditions are right, it puts on a spectacular display at night.  This is
the visit we have made when there has been enough moisture in the air to see
it.

View large for full effect.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/d/Umpqua+River+Lighthouse-4914-Edi
t-2.jpg.html

or http://tinyurl.com/pqn25bd

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/d/Umpqua+River+Lighthouse-4907.jpg
.html

or http://tinyurl.com/q7kd7bl

And if you looked out to sea, away from the light house, a few beams were
somewhat visible against the bid dipper.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/d/Umpqua+River+Lighthouse-4912.jpg
.html

or http://tinyurl.com/o559wn7

Comments and criticism welcome.  Working on my laptop, so not sure about
exposures and colors.

Aram

Aram Langhans

(Semi) Retired  Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] From the Oregon Coast)