Subject: [Leica] Mt. Washington
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 20:43:20 -0700

Don't underestimate Mt. Washington, or any of those "hills" in New
Hampshire. Treeline is at 4500-4800 feet in the White Mountains, and the
climate above treeline is actually quite dangerous, much more so than the
altitude would indicate. I hiked there a lot as a young man, and I have
personally experienced 60+ mph winds, white-outs, freezing fog and a flash
flood.  Also, Pikes Peak, at over 14,000 ft., has a road to the top.
Lovely photo, though!  :-)