Subject: [Leica] IMG: Smithy selfie
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 01:30:08 +0100

You may never have heard of Frank Browne in the US, but he's well known
here.

Fr. Frank Browne SJ was a lucky man in that he got off the Titanic at Cobh,
Co. Cork before it headed across the Atlantic on its first and final voyage.
It was lucky for us too in that he was an avid photographer and his photos
of that short trip across the Irish Sea from England survived. Those photos
were found among the 42,000 photos discovered 25 years after his death in
1960. Here's a link to his wikipedia entry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Browne

There's an exhibition in my local library of some of his prints including
Titanic ones. That's where I persuaded my wife to take the shot of my head
in a cutout for children posted previously as "Beach Dancer". It was hard on
the knees....

Anyway, here's another. Unwitting selfie on Frank Browne's photograph of a
smithy at Lisnaskeagh, Co. Fermanagh. iPhone 5S. Reflections are irritating.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Frank+Browne+smithy.jpg.html

Douglas