Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: If not Lightroom, ...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 13:06:10 -0400

I do have Lightroom 1 since 2006 its still loaded on this computer and it
was the second version which really made it viable for image processing  as
well as browsing and organizing. The image manipulation stuff in this first
version is very minimal a few tweaks and they told you up front you'd be for
sure opening it in Photoshop with a touch of a button. I think it sold like
hotcakes and plenty of people have no intention of opening their images up
in anything if they really didn't have to and doing anything to them.  So
Lightroom became the digital program for digital photography and they added
the world "Photoshop" to it.

I asked a gal in a caf? sitting next to me if she used Photoshop. She said
yes. She used LightRoom.

History of LightRoom:

http://www.mosaicarchive.com/2012/10/24/the-history-of-lightroom/