Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wrocław
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:12:27 +0200

Wroc?aw is a city of about 700,000 inhabitants in south-western Poland.
Until 1945 it was known by its German name of Breslau. Since the Middle
Ages, it has been a melting pot of Poles, Germans, Czechs and Jews, as
wonderfully described by the British historian Norman Davies in his book
?Microcosm - Portrait of a Central European City?. It is the city where I
was born and where my sister still lives. Tuesday was her birthday, so my
wife and I went there for a few days, taking advantage of the direct Ryanair
flight from Alicante. The city is changing rapidly, it is one of the booming
parts of the New Europe. But there are still many reminders of the Communist
past and indeed of the German past before that. I used to not think much of
this place, but recent visits, and especially this one, have given me an
appreciation of the vibrancy and vitality of this city. Here is a small
sample of what the place looks like:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/wroclaw2015

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman