Subject: [Leica] Leica SL and maybe the design inspiration?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 07:09:30 -0700

I am a bit haunted by the exterior design of this camera. unusual for me,
because I usually do not care..

After a night of thinking, I came upon an idea, and went on the WEB to look
up the old, Leica S1..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/newsLetter/Leica-S1.jsp

I think that this 1996 camera, popular among museums for early recording of
artworks, may have been part of the inspiration for the exterior design of
the SL.

Slab body, smooth front, tall, built for "business", no frills,
minimalistic....  Certainly less busy than a Sony A7 or even Leica's recent
compact cameras.

Could it be that the original designer of this camera is still working at
Leica?

I think there is an interesting story here..

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica SL and maybe the design inspiration?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica SL and maybe the design inspiration?)