Subject: [Leica] My Zone System Days
From: abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 09:56:41 -0700

I can really relate to your thoughts about exercises for the Zone System,
Lluis, and precisely how doing this kind of work is like doing finger
exercises and scales for piano. I used to love doing Hannon finger
exercises. They took focus and, as one progresses through the book(s) (I
didn?t really do more than the first one) the early ones yield a kind
meditation that flow one to the next.

Unfortunately I suffer from severe performance anxiety and could hardly
stand to do them if anyone was in the house, even my wife. Or especially my
wife. The same level of anxiety keeps me from even contemplating attempting
to find a gallery to show my photography. I?d die. Having it up in my home
is bad enough.

I enjoyed your image. I?d have to see a print, though, because I?m convinced
that images like this one can only really be seen and evaluated as prints,
probably matted.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and most especially your work which
continues to inspire.

Adam