Subject: [Leica] BIG new Leica - TINA
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 14:56:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Tina Manley

The Q is very light and plastic feeling.  The SL is heavy and brick-like.
More like an M.  I will just have to learn to work with the EVF which
others seem to love.  The reviews say it is much faster with less lag than
the Q which is what made me dizzy.  I don't use the EVF on the M240 much.
Only when I have the R lenses on it.
<<<

The thing that sticks in my mind about the SL is the descriptions of the
viewfinder.  I'll need to see it for myself to be sure but it sounds like
I'd be happy with it.  Another little detail that I like a lot is the button
next to the viewfinder to cycle between VF only /LCD only / auto-switching
modes.  On the a7II I dislike menu diving while using the viewfinder, and I
have to menu-dive to get the camera out of VF only mode.

I'm also curious to see how responsive and quiet the shutter is without
electronic first curtain (EFC).  EFC fails on the a7II with adapted lenses
at shutter speeds faster than 1/1000 sec.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com