Subject: [Leica] BIG new Leica
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 11:58:22 -0700

In my use of the lenses, the 50 ASPH Lux is the best. Period.  I can see the
difference.
The 21 and 24 SEM are VERY close to each other.
The WATE is about as good as the 21, side by side, and offers the ability to
have wider if you want/need.  Great for stitched Panoramas.

Then again, YMMV, and this is all on a M9 body.

I do not use a 28.. too close to the 35 in angle of view for me.  So no
comment on the 28's, ASPH or not.
The 28 Cron was wonderful on the M8.... but that body is gone too.

I had a 35 ASPH Cron and did not cotton to the lens.  I have friends who
love it..

The 21 and 24 ASPH Elmarits are all to big physically (BIG front elements)
for travel purposes, given the choice of the SEMs.
Faster, yes, but you need to make it all fit in a small camera bag....

If someone is in the mood to buy a 24 ASPH Elmarit, please contact me....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I think the Leica 21mm Super-Elmar-M f/ 3.4 ASPH Lens is better!

On 10/23/15 5:44 PM, "Frank Filippone" <red735i at verizon.net> wrote:

> The 21 and 24 SEM are similar to the 50 ASPH Lux (and the WATE!).  I
> can pick out images from those lenses from others in my stable....
>
> It may be that the optical characteristics of the most modern lenses
> are similar.... design tools?  Intentional design compromises?  Purely
chance?

> Frank Filippone
> Red735i at verizon.net

compactness.