Subject: [Leica] Leica SL weight comparison.....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 21:29:54 -0400

My new shooting experience involves three new feather weight 1.8's from
Nikon. A 35, 50 and 85. They weigh combined 840 grams, or 29.6 oz's, or 1.9
of a pound.

An AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED lens which I don't own weights
900 grams, or 31.7 oz, or 2 pounds.

Its s stop slower. But it zooms.

I'm not using zooms so much any more.

When I add  the almost just out cutting edge 1.8 24mm to my kit it will be
heaving than the zoom/. But I'll not carry all four with me every day. Just
a selection depending on my mood and the weather. And current events.

All of the 1.8s have specs which exceed that of the  "pro" 1.4's.
And certainly any dumb zoom.