Subject: [Leica] Why Is Art Expensive?
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 21:18:38 -0000

Excellent article on that most peculiar and managed market, Jayanand. Buy
what you like and hope that Jackie Wullschlager, or someone of that ilk,
will write something nice about it, or that something dramatic happens to
the artist. Interesting to think that some relatively meaningless item can
have its cachet boosted by the taste of one influencer, or a quirk of fate.

I have three paintings by separate artists who, I discovered later, all
represented Ireland at various Olympics - Olympic art competitions that is.
Strange, but true. One of them won a bronze medal, so having discovered
that, I'm waiting for some art historian to write about the painting
Olympics and then for some wealthy oligarch collector to get completist
urges about the artists who crouched down on the palette line to sprint to
the blank canvas.

;-)

Douglas