Subject: [Leica] M6 meter problem
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 17:49:52 -0600

I don't think batteries will cause an error. My experience is that when the
m6 battery went, it just stopped metering.

Are you certain the ISO is correctly set?

You can check the meter to see if it is in the ballpark by using Tina's
Sunny 16 yard card trick.

Point the camera at grass in sunny light, and it should be about f 11 - 16
at the shutter speed that corresponds with your ISO.  The meter arrows
should line up, or be close enough.

Obviously there may be no grass there this time of year, but you can do the
same thing with a general scene.

These tests are better than film, because there's always a chance the film
is old or there was a processing error.

from my iPad

Sonny Carter