Subject: [Leica] Stinko Lightroom Presets
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 21:46:21 -0800

I thought I would try buying some monochrome presets from Adobe to use in
Lightroom.  What a mistake.  The file they sent me was a zxp file, which I
could not open.  Adobe Exchange Support was no help and extremely
frustrating.  Found out from the Forum that this is a known problem, known
apparently to everyone except Adobe Exchange Support.

Biggest news was that they told me:  "With regards to Extension Manager, it
is since deprecated for CC 2015 apps, so please do not attempt to use it to
install any add-ons into a CC 2015 Adobe App.?

That isn?t even correct English.

After days of fighting with them, I downloaded the Extension Manager, and
(contrary to their express instructions not to use it) used it to convert
the zxp into a zip file.  I then used the built in ability of the Mac
operating system to unpack the zip file.  Then I opened Lightroom and in the
Develop module I right clicked on the User Preset section of the Preset
menu, and imported the lrtemplate files.  So now I have the presets, NO
THANKS TO ADOBE.  This could not have been harder.

Oh, by the way, the presets stink.  At best, they are pedestrian.  The
presets in ON1 10 are much better.

Bob Rose