Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL (to Tina)
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Lykes Keenan)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 16:47:26 -0500

>I can use my M and R lenses with this camera.  I HATE Sony's layered menu
>options and buttons and wheels.  I have never regretted any Leica
>purchase.  I have regretted every Fuji and Sony purchase.
>
>I guess I'm Leica's target market.

Tina --

My opinion of the camera may become different once prime lenses become
available. I was really put off by the size and weight of the first zoom.
As much as I appreciate my a7s, it does feel a bit small in my hand
sometimes. The SL with a prime might hit a sweet spot if I choose to
justify the price (as I did when buying a Monochrom).

I do like Leica's simplification approach to digital photography. I agree
with you about the intensity of all the Japanese cameras' menus, not just
the Sony. However, I've found that once the camera is set the way I want,
it is rarely necessary to change a menu setting. But, yes, setting it up at
first can be a challenge.

In my brief handling of the SL at PhotoPlus Expo, it definitely has the
"it" that makes it a Leica. It was interesting, though, that some of the
Leica reps (maybe down toward the M and Q cameras!) were also a bit baffled
about this camera. ;)

.
Dave.

--