Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cuban Cigar
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:54:55 -0600

When I returned from Cuba during Mariel in 1980, I brought a box of Cuban
cigars with no problem.  I was arrested briefly for "trading with the
enemy," but since I was a working journalist, they unarrested me. I also
brought back a liter of Wolf's Head, a very black and delicious rum.

However the rules are that you can bring them back from Cuba. I don't know
if that applies to coming from Canada.  My son brought Cuban cigars from
Paris with no problem.

I don't know about smoking them on the spot.  I had some Spanish ham
confiscated coming out of Germany, and they wouldn't let me eat it!

from my iPad

Sonny Carter