Subject: [Leica] Canyon De Chelly
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 13:16:02 -0800

As Leo said, this is a magical place.  A lot of culture and scenery.  The
weather changed a few times when we where there.  First day was bright sun,
then a storm rolled in and I was able to get some nice dark clouds with a
few sun breaks.

We took a tour with a Navajo guide the first day.  Saw things we had never
seen from above.  Here is Antelope House Ruins
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/ar/cd/Antelope+House+Canyon+De+Chelly-5365.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/ar/cd/Antelope+House+Canyon+De+Chelly-5378.jpg.html

The afternoon was bright and sunny.  I like this tree at one of the
overlooks.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/ar/cd/Junction+Overlook+Canyon+De+Chelly-5289.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/ar/cd/Junction+Overlook+Canyon+De+Chelly-5300.jpg.html

Went to Spider Rock for a sunset, and all of a sudden a rainbow appeared to
the right of the rock.  Everyone was concentration on the rock until I swung
my camera to the rainbow, then everyone got in on the act.   You really have
to view this one large.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/ar/cd/Spider+Rock+Canyon+De+Chelly-5813.jpg.html

It rained all night.  Back to Overlook Junction for a few more shots.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/ar/cd/Junction+Overlook+Canyon+De+Chelly-5409.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/ar/cd/Junction+Overlook+Canyon+De+Chelly-5851.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/ar/cd/Junction+Overlook+Canyon+De+Chelly-5859-Edit.jpg.html

Comments welcome.  View large if you like.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Canyon De Chelly)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Canyon De Chelly)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Canyon De Chelly)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Canyon De Chelly)