Subject: [Leica] Oysters again, amended.
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:38:58 -0500

Frank,
There were a couple of good F&C places in Menai Bridge near the Telford
Bridge. Apparently the secret is to fry them in beef fat. McDonalds
used to do that with their french fries before the purists objected.
Remember that a nice serving of fish and chips is about 2000 calories.
Not good for a diet.
Larry Z
- - -
Well Jay I was brought up in Lancashire not far from a fishing port.
The fish and chips was good and cheap, about 11d in old money which is
about ?0.045 in the new?
They were fried in beef dripping.
When I moved to Yorkshire for my apprenticeship they were just as good.
Then I moved to London to University and I never found a good F&C shop
anywhere near where I lived for the 3 years I was there.
Now, living in Oxfordshire, the F&C is very variable. There is a van
which visits weekly which has good fish, but he cooks in vegetable oil
so the flavour is not there.
Some pubs are not too bad but none near what I got as a kid.
So when we go to Kirsty?s on Anglesey I am extremely tempted to go to
Conwy for lunch every day.
cheers,
Frank D.