Subject: [Leica] Go ahead, buy that Leica
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 19:35:41 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

Peter,
I would agree with you with one major financial caveat (I am also a finance
professional of over  40 years experience, by the way) - if you can afford
it without depriving your family of essentials, without taking a hit on
basic savings,  and most importantly, not on borrowed money. If you have any
type of short term loan outstanding, pay it off first, it is a much, much
better long term deal. Use cheaper tools till you can genuinely afford Leica
equipment it without financial strain.
<<<

Mostly agreed.  I'm currently using a cheaper tool but... I'm on the verge
of selling my Sony and going without until I save the $$$$ for the SL.  No
way am I using a credit card or any other loan of any kind.

The Sony's buttons are too many, too small and too close to each other
especially with winter gloves.  Very frustrating to use.  My 500mm lens is
also a cheaper tool.  I can tolerate its foibles because its weight and
price tag are below my upper tolerance limit.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com