Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Dublin x 8
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 13:14:39 -0000

Yesterday, I had to go into Dublin to drop off some papers before the year
end. I drove to Merrion Square, picked up a city bike and cycled it the 3
kilometres into O'Connell Street and back. With 60kph gusts of wind, it was
a lot more exciting than I really needed. Having slotted it back into the
Dublin Bikes stand on Nassau St., I remembered my Fuji. In the spirit of
PAD, I shot these on my 300 metre walk back to the car.

This bike was my selection from the Dublin Bike Scheme. Nassau St. Fuji
X100S. See Large.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dublin+Bikes+on+Nassau+St.jpg.html

Side entrance to the National Art Gallery, Clare St. Fuji X100S. See Large.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dublin+National+Art+Gallery+side+entrance+Clare+St.jpg.html

A famine ship sculpture by John Behan in a shop on Clare St. Fuji X100S. See
Large.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dublin+Famine+Ship+Clare+St.jpg.html

The canopy that used to protect the outdoor display of secondhand books at
the old
Greenes Bookshop on Clare St. Now sadly gone. The house in the background is
Oscar Wilde's. Fuji X100S. See Large.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dublin+Greenes+Bookshop+canopy.jpg.html

Still surviving. Price's Medical Hall, Clare St. Fuji X100S. See Large.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dublin+Prices+Medical+Hall+Clare+St.jpg.html

Oscar's Bar & Kitchen is a new venture at the Mont Clare Hotel. I can't see
Oscar Wilde in a kitchen
though. Fuji X100S. See Large.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dublin+Oscars+Bar+_amp_+kitchen.jpg.html

A fake Crossley Tender awaits tourists for the 1916 Rising Centenary Tour.
Out of curiosity, I must do this one next month as my entire bloodline is
riddled with rebels. Fuji X100S. See Large.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dublin+1916+Tour.jpg.html

A fake rebel driver for the fake Crossley Tender has a chat. Fuji X100S. See
Large.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dublin+1916+Tour+driver.jpg.html

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGs: Dublin x 8)