Subject: [Leica] upgrading to LR6
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Bryk Oliver)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 17:01:08 -0800

Lew commented:
"Dehaze will amaze.?

Frank commented:
"I won't comment on why V6 is better than V5,,,, but I will tell you that
Adobe has said that unless you use CC, you will miss out on some of the
improvements they are planning....

IOW, if you don't change to LRCC, we are going to toss you fewer bones, and
... and this is speculation....  make you suffer until you do......  at
which point we gotcha...... because we are going to discontinue the stand
alone application....

My $0.02?  Change over the LRCC, now.  Within a year or so, you will have to
anyway.....   There is a first year coupon for $89 for the year......  Takes
away some of the bite.....

Adobe has never gotten over the fact that fonts became universally
cheap.......  They are still trying to get even??.?

Jayanand commented:
"I agree with Frank, CC is the only way to go.

I cannot understand the mindset prevalent on this forum that is
suspicious of CC, but freely uses DNG on their Leica digital output.
Which is more worrying? Think about it!!?

Ted commented:
"Gee guys and gals, what happens to someone like me who absolutely doesn't
have a  "CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? :-(

Seriously, I do not! As I just push "auto colour and anything else that is
of this nature" TRUE! TRUE! And if it looks "COOL?" I leave it be. If it
doesn't I press the go back one button. Sorry, this may not be what you are
talking about? If it isn't? Please excuse my infantile interruption!"

Frank commented:
"Let's be clear.. I HATE SW subscription models.  I HATE MORE SW subscription
models that automatically upgrade.  ( that includes Windows 10).

You never know what changes will do to your workflow..... as in the "NEW
MODEL" for LR that included a completely changed import function.

But I also have no choice..... so I do it.

Kicking and screaming......

I guess I could go to Capture One... which also has a subscription
model.....

ITOL  ( in the old days), you paid for a license to use SW on your Mini or
Mainframe computer.  Every year.
You had no choice.
Then it was the PC that completely destroyed that model.
Then the SW folks thought we forgot..... so they re-instituted the
pay-as-you-go model...... or else.....
And we have no choice.

Some things never change??.?

Tina commented:
"I love CC and having automatic upgrades whenever anything is new - except
for that debacle when they changed the Import process without asking
anybody!  Fortunately, they listened to the professional photographers and
changed it back ASAP.  LR6 is well worth the upgrade for many, many reasons
- dehaze among them.?

I thank all of you for your comments. I sense that here, too, enthusiasm for
innovation is inversely correlated with age.

Oliver