Subject: [Leica] M 246 or M Monochrom
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 14:17:10 -0500

I have not done a direct comparison between my two cameras (240 and 246),
but the 246 tends to make a lot of old lenses look better because the
chromatic aberration goes away (and does not become artifacts when you use
the color sliders).

In terms of contrast correction, the 246 is much more effective (I get more
mileage from an orange filter than from trying to use the sliders on
Lightroom). My notes on color response:

https://themachineplanet.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/the-leica-monochrom-typ-246-and-filters/

That said, you can get some focus shifts if with certain lenses and strong
red filters.

The 246 also gives you is higher perceived sharpness and much lower noise.
It is also extremely unforgiving in terms of exposure.

Dante