Subject: [Leica] Two new PESOs
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 12:25:01 -0500

My wife and I attended the premiere of a short film, ?Karma?s Shadow?, made
to raise funding interest for a feature-length film. My sister-in-law Pam is
a co-producer (full disclosure: we have no financial interest in the film!).
The premiere was in Roxboro, NC, where it was filmed. Ironically, despite
the burgeoning success of the state of North Carolina in attracting
film-production companies to the state, the legislature decided to withdraw
the tax breaks offered to the industry, with predictable results. The rather
distinctive personality of the NC legislature and governor are such that a
net stimulus to the state?s economy is less desirable than avoiding, or in
this case eliminating, gummint involvement in the shepherding of private
enterprise. A triumph of ideological purity over practicality. (At least
this is the picture that my SIL paints!)

I took my M240 along to get some photos of Pam on the red carpet with the
stars and crew. I won?t bore you with those, but I saw a couple of
photogenic street scenes:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/gallery/?g2_fromNavId=x5dbd6203
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/gallery/?g2_fromNavId=x5dbd6203>

Please view large.

C&C appreciated, especially on the crop of the one image and the dark tone
of the other of the warehouse.

?howard

Replies: Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] Two new PESOs)