Subject: [Leica] ASA One Million+!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 21:16:28 -0500

Six figures is more than I can wrap my head around when it comes to these
iso's but if I just know I'm gaining a potential three or four stops; that's
how far sensor technology has come since I've got my D700 5.5 years ago a
camera which came out 7 Years's & 7 Month's ago then I can wrap my head
around that.
The D500 is positioned as a pro DX crop camera we'll see  how that goes.
No pictures of tulips and skiers on the top knobs I guess.
Problem with that thinking is if a cropped camera gives the results of a
full frame seven years ago than what does a full frame give you now?
Perhaps the results of an early medium format digital back.
The gap would have no reason to be closing.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer