Subject: [Leica] carbon fiber tripod
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 05:51:41 +0530

I use a Gitzo 3 series and a RRH BH 55 ball head for the very rare occasions
I use a tripod. Because I seldom use the thing, I bought a combo that should
last a few decades, and take a D4 and 200-400mm or even a 600mm in comfort
when I needed to. I add a Wimberly Sidekick into the mix if required. Some
of my friends here, who are avid bird photographers, are perfectly happy
with the tripod legs of Chinese Gitzo knockoffs like Induro or Benro, which
are considerably less expensive. Other landscape photographers swear by
Manfrotto carbon fibre legs. I do not think you can go too wrong with any
brand on the market, unless you want to use super telephoto lenses.
Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad