Subject: [Leica] the SL first month
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 09:25:40 +0800

Hi Doug,
Thank you for posting your thoughts on the first month with the SL. I was to
my photo store in Hong Kong yesterday and played with an SL for the first
time.
Visitors to Hong Kong will recognize how privileged I was to have that
opportunity because standard practice in Hong Kong is that you pay for a
camera and then get to play with it. There is no trying and testing. I was
impressed by the size and weight and the very clear viewfinder but put off
by the lack of marked control buttons. I realize that with familiarity the
unmarked buttons wouldn?t be a problem but the lack of any AF lens except
the honking big zoom really limits the appeal of the camera to me. I felt
also that the price against performance - especially high ISO performance -
was not better than my Nikons. So, I will pass for now and wait for further
info from experienced users like yourself.
Thanks for the one month review and please keep them coming.
Cheers
Howard