Subject: [Leica] Nick Brandt's Inherit the Dust
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 23:18:59 +0000

I dunno. I am a great admirer of Nick Brandt and have a couple of his books
already and have been to his London shows, but somehow... I first saw the
elephant featured here in the Young Gallery in Brussels, where it introduced
me
to his work as it were. Trouble with this is that the idea, though clever
palls
rapidly.

IMHO he hasn't produced a work to compare with "A Shadow Falls", which (again
IMHO) is simply one of the best wildlife photography books ever. His
production
let the animals speak for themselves.

This is just too clever and artificial in comparison. Striking, but...

Peter

--

Dr Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Nick Brandt's Inherit the Dust)