Subject: [Leica] Old movies
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 19:43:12 -0500

Yes, Kodak did introduce a Super 8 camera that also can record digitally,
and can record sound in synchronization with the Super 8 film.  The film is
packed in the traditional 1965-type plastic cartridges, but is now color
negative film.  Since Super 8 is mainly used today for special effects,
Kodak doesn't expect the user to project the film.  For that reason the
film's sold with processing and scanning included; the film is returned
along with a digital image file.

Ironically, this is the first time that Kodak has sold movie film inclusive
of processing since 1955, which they were forced to separate film from
processing services (or face an antitrust action).  The special Kodak
mailers you could buy for processing were a result of that legal action.

Jim