Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Recent shots
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:29:44 -0000

Thanks Jim.
On the plane photo, thanks to www.flightradar24.com on the pc, I can see
everything in the air going in and out of Dublin airport, together with
their details, so that, when the wind changes and they're directly overhead,
I can get out the Nikon with a longer lens.

Thankfully, that's rare as they're noisy things and I prefer peace and
quiet. Dublin is a busy airport with about 25 million passengers a year. You
certainly can see that when the wind veers to the north east and there seems
to be one a minute going overhead at the peak times.

It's certainly a change from my childhood in the fiflies when we were driven
out to the airport to see the planes as a treat. If you saw a single take
off or landing in the couple of hours you were there, you could consider
yourself extremely lucky.

Douglas