Subject: [Leica] Leica and Fuji or Fuji and Leica - a sort of review
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 22:09:54 -0600

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com>wrote:

>A few weeks ago, matters came to a head and I had to make a choice. In the
frame
>were the following: Leica Q, M9, MM, 246 etc., Fuji X-Pro2, X-E2/2S, XT.
There
>really weren't any other contestants.
>...so I went for the X-E2.

>To cut a long story short I ended up in Arles in the Church of St.
Trophime, one
>of the oldest major churches in France and renowned for it's architecture,
much
>of which is Gothic.
>Conclusions: As a package with the zoom I could shoot most things and I
could
>probably have done without the f2. It is a bit smaller than an M and
lighter too.

>Regards,

>Peter
My X-E2 has become my favorite digital camera I ever used, which includes
Canon 1D MkII and 5D Mk II, so I hope you
get to like yours.  It's a perfect size, and takes the same lenses, so I
love it almost as much as my M3.

The thing that I'd most like it to do is to be able to shoot using the eye
sensor EVF, but then have the
rear LCD come on when I push the image review button (I usually keep the
LCD off).  It's a bother to have to use the menu to
switch between the two views.

BTW, if I remember my art history correctly, I think St. Trophime is
renowned as a Romanesque church, not Gothic.
--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978