Subject: [Leica] sensor corrosion
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 17:54:03 -0800
References: <54D33976-275A-481B-8607-EAF02828E720@gmail.com> <825ED045-FCCD-4103-BDC9-B823F64451EC@gmail.com> <F88EF1B2-D8F5-4D7A-AD38-8EBFF03D3439@mac.com> <CA+yJO1BDa-3q=-W7NQkOBKwpHXTSmJkEYpVecVs8exFdD+ghKQ@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1DH6aWWVb4hgrwfec270DevUj-rLt_RFugaKGcRJg+wFw@mail.gmail.com> <8AEAFA3C-EC16-4557-A9E3-FEA467DCB518@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1BrUFQj2jj4khDiKqeEyz6H6Abgcd2WV2i0eOdXrOXmpA@mail.gmail.com> <8D718482-846E-48CB-B9A1-0DD02C307796@gmail.com>

> On Mar 12, 2016, at 5:45 PM, lluisripollphotography
> <lluisripollphotography at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tina and all members,
>
> It is really complicated have information from the Leica website, I went
> to the LFI Forum and it is announced the 1st September 2015 the
> replacement for M9 sensors, not yet for the MM, on this announcement there
> is a source, you click there and you obtain the Official Leica
> announcement, where they are talking about NEW sensors for the M9:
>
> <http://en.leica-camera.com/World-of-Leica/Leica-News/About-Leica-News/Global/2015/Update-CCD-Sensor>
>
> However, a friend said me that the same thing has been announced about one
> or two months ago for the MM, even that Leica has said that they have a
> delay of 4 months replacing the sensors, the interested persons shall ask
> Leica to give them a reference number and date to send the cameras.
>
> After this mail I will try to search the announcement for the MM

you heard about all the monkees, randomly pounding on their typewriters.
Eventually they may get a novel written, but a coherent leica policy on
sensors?

steve