Subject: [Leica] IMG: Surgery
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 18:38:26 -0800

Hi Tina.
I figure for openers, I believe you have one or two of my medical books.
"DOCTOR'S  WORK. The Legacy of Sir William Osler" / "This is our work. The
legacy of Sir William Osler"
And "WOMEN IN MEDICINE. A CELEBRATION OF THEIR WORK!" which Sandy Carter and
I shot together in the USA and Canada.
All three are considered B&W photographic classic photo coffee table books
of which many on the LUG have purchased. Certainly near 200 buyers if not
more? Thank you all! Which of course do not consider the hundreds of copies
sold  commercially.

1/ Starters? Turn everything into the very best B&W images possible!
2/ DO NOT! Consider colour in an essay were B&W will be the greater number
of pictures.
3/ DO NOT CONSIDER COLOUR with BLACK & WHITE IMAGES! PERIOD!
WHY? IT WILL LOOK ATROCIOUS AND UNREAL!
If in doubt on any of these suggestions?

SCAN THROUGH MY MEDICAL BOOKS!

And I have no doubt your material is all shot by available light! As that's
the only way to shoot in an OR and keep it believable!
I trust this is helpful? If not please E-me and we'll chat via phone!
cheers,
Dr.ted OC