Subject: [Leica] IMG: JP Colclough dogs it up
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:03:27 -0000

Varnishing Day? It's supposedly the day when artists touch up and varnish
their paintings before the Summer Exhibition opens, but nowadays is the
prize giving - really an excuse for a social gathering and a free drink for
artists, their families, and the Friends of the RHA. Yesterday was the
offical opening and has a lot more people attending as buyers of paintings
from the previous year are also invited. The event is open to the public
from tomorrow. The site for the RHA is here http://www.rhagallery.ie

I haven't had time to go through my images from yesterday which are mainly
snaps as it's difficult to take take images when you're chatting with a
glass of wine in your hand. Besides we've been busy as my youngest is
working in Brussels and you saw what happened today. He's ok as he normally
would have been passing through Maalbeek metro to the EU Council at that
time, but ironically was due to attend a slightly later conference in a
different building on "Defining the phenomenon of jihadist radicalisation -
Local and global drivers and catalysts" so had been told to go straight
there rather than report to his normal workplace at his usual time.

A lucky man. As many Luggers use Brussels airport, I hope that all of them
are safe.

Douglas