Subject: [Leica] KONOST CAMERA
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 15:08:03 +0100

Lluis, Ted and others,

As you know I have now moved back to Leica with an M9 and M7, more of which
I will come to.

To me the Konost offers very little (if anything) which is not covered by
the Fuji X-Pro cameras, especially now that the X-Pro2 is available. The
only plus point is that it is full frame, but it has the disadvantage of
needing pretty expensive lenses whether you go down the Leica route or some
other that makes M-mount lenses. This point in my opinion is going to rule
it out for virtually all buyers.

The main point is that IT IS NOT A LEICA, and it never will be. there is
something very special about using Leica equipment and why I have moved back
to it. Don?t get me wrong, the X-Pro series is a damned good series with
excellent lenses, and the Konost may be damned good too. All I know is that
when I shot with Fuji about half of my submissions to Alamy failed, and none
have failed since switching to Leica. Also with Fuji I had to accept an
optical viewfinder with frame lines which had no sense of reality. I had to
use different settings with Lightroom than any other camera I have ever
used. And to top it all my resale value plummeted like a stone.

The Konost may well suffer from all of the above, but even if it doesn?t it
will never have that certain something which says LEICA!

Gerry