Subject: [Leica] IMG: Preventive Maintenance
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 14:10:38 -0500

Over the years, I have, at various times, been responsible for
Preventive Maintenance Programs.  Today, I had to practice that at home.

During the Winter, with no leaves on the oak trees, I noted a
significant dead branch that extended over the power and fiber optic
feeds into my house.  I waited for the tree to begin greening up to
confirm my observations.  Today, I had the branch removed.  As the lift
bucket moves into place, the vulnerable lines can be seen below it.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF3239fm.tif.html

Once he got into place, the operator cut the dead wood into man-sized
pieces and dropped them carefully to the ground.  The wires were never
touched.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF3242fm.tif.html

Fuji X-E1 with Fuji 18-55 lens

Comments and critiques welcomed.