Subject: [Leica] IMG: Julian Joseph images - Peter Dzwig
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:58:22 +0100

Peter

thanks for your comments, and you are 100% right that I get great access and
I am often stood within inches of e.g. a bass player. the turner Sims is a
400 seat auditorium with no stage so there is no possibility of hiding below
the stage line and creeping to a new position as happens in so many venues
(not easy when you weigh 19 stone and are six feet tall!).

As for 1971, I am afraid your memory fails you unless Keith was playing in a
damned great hole as excavations started in July 71 and the first concert
was in 1974. It is a great venue unknown virtually by even the citizens of
Southampton, and is a firm favourite amongst performers. The manager really
knows his job, and has been Concert Venue of the Year winner a couple of
times. last year he came second to Birmingham Symphony Hall, which is no
mean feat. I am so lucky to have unfettered freedom there, and have had a
number of exhibitions of my work in the foyer.

Kind regards

Gerry