Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 1/5/2016: spring and political art in Aarhus
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 09:59:43 +0200

Yesterday was the recovery day for Lars and me after Saturday?s long, cold
and wet day on the bicycle. In contrast, Sunday greeted us with glorious
sunshine. We started the day with a birthday breakfast at Lars?s daughter?s
place just north of city centre, a part of town called Riisskov, and
afterwards we went for a walk on the beach. Spring was very much in the air:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-HdZqQdd/A
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QV6Qgw4/A

Then we went to the ARoS modern art museum, a must-place for me when I am in
my hometown.

As usual, we started on the roof with Your Rainbow Panorama:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-HCBBPdD/A

Then we moved inside for the exhibitions. There were several interesting
ones as always, but one that caught my eye was by Finnish artist Jani
Leinonen, who uses iconic brands to create works critical of our society.
Whether you agree with the political message, the pieces are certainly
striking:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-hqwshXm/A

Ronald McDonald in particular was in for some abuse:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Hf9QCtP/A

Ronald McDonald as Jesus:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Bnz7Pqs/A

Ronald McDonald as Lenin:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BSmKjTh/A

The other big burger trough was not spared either:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-f267SV7/A

We saw many other interesting things, which I will show in a different
format.

Incidentally, there was a nice write-up on my hometown recently here:
http://www.travelandleisure.com/culture-design/architecture-design/denmark-traveling-tips
One of the bars mentioned, Fermentoren, is 5 minutes walk from Lars?s
apartment!

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman