Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tulip Poplar Bloom
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 16:32:43 +0100

Nice looking flower, Jim. Never seen one of those before. I looked them up
over here and it turns out there are a few of them here in Ireland.

My wife is the horticulturist in this house and I see there's a specimen
tulip tree,
Liriodendron tulipifera, at a height of 24m and girth of 5.68m in the
grounds of Lough Rynn Castle Hotel at Mohill in Co. Leitrim. Perhaps we'll
sally forth as the place not only has an interesting garden but was the home
of one of the most notorious landlords in Ireland
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lough_Rynn_Castle

Douglas