Subject: [Leica] M9 for the wedding
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 17:27:32 -0700

Have not used the M9 extensively for a while, as it's usually the 4x5 or
the Hasselblad ;-) Anyway, for the niece's wedding, I used the M9 with the
1.4 ASPH Summicron 50, my daughter had the E-3, and my wife used the iPhone
for video and some photos, and I took some shots with the 4x5, and the
whole thing worked out great.

Greg Rubenstein wondered how I nailed the focus in a darken Starbucks and
with back light. Truth be told, my eyesight are getting worse and I see
double quite often, so often I don't see the RF patch in total clarity.
However, I have enough experience that I can do it "by fiat". i.e. it must
be in focus because slightly off either direction and they look worse. A
bit iffy but it serves me well. Indeed, I have no more trouble focusing in
the dark room since it's the same technique.

Anyway, it's wonderful to use the M9 in a "fast-pace" situation. Love it. I
love the simplicity of the manual mode with the meter.

--
// On Facebook: http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto
// On Instagram: https://instagram.com/richardmanphoto

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M9 for the wedding)