Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Lesson That Should Have Been Obvious
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 11:28:38 -0700

Hi Jim,
You should've popped the lens near wide open and turned off Auto-focus! Then
you'd have lots of sharp images. Actually the closer you are to the fence
the less fence is seen and the umpire would be sharp!

When I was shooting my grandson as a baseball pitcher
my lens was nearly always wide open and the lens outer lens barrel ring was
touching the fence and I never looked to see where the wire crossed the
lens.

This completely made the fence so far out of focus you never saw any effects
of the fence and the pitcher was always tack sharp!
Obviously the outer lens barrel metal or whatever touched the fence, But
don't worry about it just shoot away and all will be cool!  :-)
cheers
Dr.  ted  :-)