Subject: [Leica] Non-Scotch whiskies, was: Global Scotch shortage loomsyear year
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (Piers Hemy)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 11:29:44 +0100

I have not yet sampled the Amrut, Jayanand, but I do see it in stock at MoM.
Mmm, temptation.

BUT I have been casting my net further afield, and can commend Starward, an
Australian whisky with a very satisfying, if slightly mysterious flavour
profile - a very pleasant change from the 1969 Macallan I tasted the
previous day.

AND I can even more strongly recommend a Paul John Peated Select Cask 55.5%
bottling (I think I recall seeing an almost empty bottle of Paul John in a
photo of Nathan's whisky altar a few months back). That stuff is magical,
with all the richness of flavour of, say, Talisker, without what some might
feel to be the peppery/smoky hit. And there is nothing in the mouthfeel to
suggest it's 55.5%. It surely deserves a place in your listing?

HOWEVER, I haven't been tempted to open either of my Lagavulin Feis Ile 2015
bottles yet, so the jury is still out.

Will report back when I taste the Amrut :-)

Piers