Subject: [Leica] EF lenses on the SL
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 12:19:05 -0700

I have the latest Metabones adapter for Canon EF to Sony A7, and I find
almost no use for my entire Canon lens set.  The Leica and Zeiss optics are
better and the AF and other connections are second rate.  I thought I'd use
the tilt shift and excellent canon telephoto zooms, but it's not happening.

Once you use a Leica, the bar is a bit too high for for most Canon optics,
and some of the best of the EF optics suffer from less than perfect adapter
connections.  The manual M glass (greater then 50 mm for the Sony) is
great, in part due to the fact that they don't need the electronic
connections.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com