Subject: [Leica] Premature SD card format--oops!--NOW SOLVED!
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 05:28:52 +0900

Thanks for the helpful advice, chaps!

The link to the SanDisk software worked. Well, the free trial showed that
my photos could be saved. I then followed the LUG advice, such as Eddy and
others gave, about buying a SanDisk SD card and using the 1-year free
RescuePro app that comes with that. So, I got a:

*SanDisk SDHC 32GB Extreme UHS-I*

Cost about $24 (a couple thousand Japanese yen for me--hey I'm rich, I have
thousands of yen!). That price is about 1/3 of what the software alone
costs, and I get a 32GB SDHC to boot! I just have to kep that SD card with
my daughter's 13th birthday photos unused until the new SD card with
RescuePro bundled arrives.

Many thanks again!

Peter