Subject: [Leica] Website Questions
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 06:53:52 +0200

Hi Bill,

I use a variety of solutions. The easiest way to get started is to use
Smugmug. It has tools to create your galleries, you can start uploading as
soon as you have signed up. Unlimited space too. This is how my greatpix.eu
site works. The domain is my own, it simply points to Smugmug. I pay 12
Euro/year for the domain. But Smugmug is the most expensive of my web sites,
I pay $150 a year.

My second web site, frozenlight.eu, is hosted on a service in the
Netherlands. That one is strictly ?roll your own?. I create the content
locally, using Freeway Express, and upload it to the web site via ftp. The
total cost of that web site is less than 30 Euro per year.

The website I use for my weekly blog, fotocycle.dk, is hosted by a provider
in Denmark and runs using Wordpress. In terms of ease of use, it is
somewhere in-between the two sites I mention above.

If you are completely new to all this, I recommend either trying Smugmug or
going to one of the major web hosting companies (godaddy is the biggest in
the world). Besides selling you the space and the domain, they will usually
also have tools that make it easy to start building your site.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain