Subject: [Leica] Transmission of Photos Problem
From: abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 19:15:25 -0700

It would be useful to know what kind of file you are uploading and if the
site you?re sending them to does some on-site processing to the images after
they receive them.

Are you using a special program (possibly in Java) to upload to the site? It
may be that your site?s software is finding something in your images that
causes it to misbehave.

If you are uploading full-sized images which are processed locally to
display the images the site puts up - have you tried downloading the full
size image to see if it is identical to the one you uploaded? They should
be. If not then you need to fire Photoshelter.

There are so many places where an image can be subtly corrupted! I am
disturbed that you are seeing this. Do you have another site to which you
can upload - maybe using a standard FTP tool - to be sure your images are
being displayed properly?

Adam

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Transmission of Photos Problem)