Subject: [Leica] Sunday Shot
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 00:30:13 +0100

"Barney Quinn" <bjq1 at mac.com> wrote

> In memory  of the people wounded and murdered in Orlando early this
> morning. Donna Eis Requiem. God grant them rest and may God grant us
> Peace. Each and every one of us.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Rainy+Day+Tulip.jpg.html
>
> I am sure that prayers and healing thoughts woudl be most welcome.

Nice image and thoughts, Barney, but the news from the US seems to see a
constant cycle of this sort of thing. On top of the Christina Grimmie murder
in Orlando, 50 unfortunates are murdered there for being the wrong
orientation for some salafist scumbag. Of the 53 injured, more sadly will
probably die, and set the mass killing bar even higher. The principal
question is not his motivation, not why wasn't he detected earlier, but how
did he get the weaponry? I know you Americans like freedom, but the freedom
to be murdered by unregulated maniacs.....?

Of course, the gun loons will say why didn't "the good guys" have concealed
carry, as they also said after the Grimmie murder, even pointing out that
her brother - had he had a concealed weapon - could have taken Loibl out!
You've some pretty free and easy laws over there, but they'll stay the same.

Yes, there'll be a lot of screaming and shouting, and earnest promises, but,
hey, we all know nothing is going to happen. Nothing. Sandy Hook, Columbine,
Red Lake, Virginia Tech,Umpqua, etc, all changed precisely nothing. We'll
just have to wait 'til the next record shooting, and, do you know what,
unfortunately for some innocents, someone is probably out there planning it,
maybe near one of you. Hopefully not.

If only we could restrict shooters to Leicas...
Douglas