Subject: [Leica] Carbon Printing... any experiences?
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (lluisripollphotography)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 01:29:06 +0200

Ken, Jayanand, John

Thank you very much for your comments, they was useful for me. It?s true
that the actual standard inks give a great quality and it can be achieved
easily, I don?t know how much can be improved with only B&W inks, a friend
has installed on his printer the Piezography system, the differences are
subtle but great, the grey gradation is smooth and rich and they look much
more close to the chemical development.

I?m afraid about clogging, and after I?ve read your opinions it is still
more frequent when using carbon inks, I don?t understand why my printer is
clogged, of course I don?t print every day, neither every week but my last
printing (documents, not photos) was made 10 or 15 days ago?., and photos
maybe 1 or 1,5 months ago, you say that with Epson inks you can be 3 months
without printing, maybe the new inks for P600/P800 but this is not my
experience with the R3000.

My usual paper is Canson Infinite Platine Fibre Rag, I like it very much, it
is semi-gloss and has a similar look to the classical photographic papers, I
do a few use of Matte, on this case my favorite is Hahnem?hle but Canson Rag
or even Epson Matte Archival are not bad at all.

John is right, here Epson is expensive and unfortunately there is not the
offer you mention for the P800.

Thank you very much again, now I go to read Paul Roark comments

Cheers
Lluis