Subject: [Leica] IMGS: My Father
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 10:33:59 -0400

Thanks, Douglas.  I don't know anything about the camera but the photo is a
part of the Frank Scherschel - LIFE Collections

There is more information here:
http://www.americanairmuseum.com/media/21590

And the plane is a P47 Thunderbolt.

1st Lt Pierce L Wiggin aboard his P-47C 41-6541 VF-A, 336FS, 4FG, 8AF USAAF.

Tina