Subject: [Leica] lens storage solutions (can you ID this case?)
From: abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 09:44:00 -0700

I?m assuming you want a case because you need something portable?

I use a couple of Ikea free-standing cabinets for camera gear and other
gear. Equipment is sorted by system. It?s all right there in front of me
when I open the frosted-glass doors.

Years ago I had a Halliburton case for my super 8mm camera/lens. The foam
degraded and damaged the internal mirror in the camera. I?ve steered away
from foam since then.

When I went to Africa last year with two different camera systems I had a
big backpack that held lenses, cameras, filters, and my computer. It worked
well and was just (barely) inside airline carry-on limits although they are
compressing those limits more and more it seems.

It was a think tank airport accelerator. Lots of pockets for various lenses,
well padded. The bag lived on buses, safari vehicles, all sorts of transport
and nothing was remotely close to damaged.

Adam